Let’s Talk

By , June 26, 2009

Here are some conversations with our readers:

9 Responses to “Let’s Talk”

1. Jane Lininger says:

September 28, 2012
    I’m a missionary in Reynosa, Mex. and have 6 young friends that have come from Veracruz to work in the maquilas and are now attending our mission church. They speak Totonaco and have taken me to visit their villages near Coyutla on three different trips. My last trip was this past August to organize 2 VBS in 2 different areas. I have read your book and loved it. I have seen Mecatlan only from a distance and at night they pointed out the lights to me up on the mountain. I have looked for your book in Spanish on the internet but haven’t been able to find it. Is it still in print? I would love for these young people to read the book and see how the Gospel came to their area.

2. Ara McVay says:

December 4, 2009
    I’m Daniel McVay’s wife. I’m Mexican and I am so thankful for the great work that you have done in my country.
    I read your book about two years ago. This book made me cry and see again how God works in lives of His children.
    I would like to get a copy in Spanish for my parents. Could you tell me how I can get it please?

• Doris Puckett says:

December 5, 2009
      Dear Ara,
      If you send me your parents address, I will try to send them a copy. If you feel the mail is not safe in Mexico, you can look on Amazon for it. Perhaps the mail would be a little more sure if it has a more official look (like from Amazon).
      Let me know which you prefer.
      I am glad the book was a blessing to you, Ara.

3. November 11, 2009

• Doris Puckett says:

November 11, 2009
      John, I want to thank you for your comments on our book, including your sweet compliment. You and your family have meant so much to Larry and me. We are so glad that you “keep on keeping on” for our wonderful Lord.

4. Doris Puckett says:

July 8, 2009
    Thank you for writing this review, Ruth. You and your husband, Len, have been great mission leaders as you took teams to Mexico numerous times to help your brothers and sisters in Christ in that country. We are indebted to you for you have surely done a great service to our Lord and to our Totonac Indians. You have spread your love for the Totonac people to many others as well. Our sincere thanks.

5. Doris Puckett says:

July 1, 2009
    Thank you, Jere. You and Sara Ann have been a great blessing to us as well. We serve an awesome God for sure! Our times with you on mission trips will remain in our memories forever.

6. Jere Brady says:

July 1, 2009
    As we got to know Larry and Doris on mission trips to the Puebla area, we learned more and more about their ministry to the Totonac Indians of Mexico. Many encouraged them to write down their memories. The mission teams would ask them to read what they had written. We hung onto every word as they would relate God’s workings in hair-raising situations. We were thrilled when they marvelously put into a book their experiences of how the Lord worked in their ministry and in their family. The Lord has blessed them in seeing many lives changed. We were blessed by reading this book and know that you will be too. We love to bless people by giving these books as gifts. Jere and Sara Ann Brady, Morgantown, PA

7. June 26, 2009
    This is a wonderful account of God’s faithfulness to two young missionaries who took Him at His Word and went into a foreign country to make disciples of men. They stayed for forty years. You will not be able to put this one down and you will grow closer to Him as you read the amazing accounts of His goodness to this precious family who put Him first in all things. “Oh taste and see that the Lord is Good.” Psalm 34:8

9 Responses to “Let’s Talk”

1. Jane Lininger says:

2. Ara McVay says:

• Doris Puckett says:

Dear Ara,
      Let me know which you prefer.
      I am glad the book was a blessing to you, Ara.

3. Larry and Doris, What a blessing to look through the pictures, starting with a beautiful teenage girl whose eyes still sparkle and including various others I love and objects and places I remember. I’m so glad my son Brad has told me about your book, which I plan to order. At nearly 80, my health has enabled me to keep writing/teaching. Love, John

• Doris Puckett says: